Monday, July 20, 2009

I failed THAT quiz!

I took Addison in on Friday for her 3 month checkup (most babies don't do 3 month checkups, but Dr. Simmons knows how worried I am about starting work again and how worried I had been about her weight when she was first born). She is now weighing 10 lbs 3 oz and is 22 3/4 inches long!
Dr. Simmons and I talked about traveling with Addison to the Beals reunion in Arizona next week, going back to work, and how to keep breastfeeding succesful. I am very glad to have such a supportive, caring doctor for Addison. After sharing my long lists of questions and my many concerns Dr. Simmons and I started talking about how I could get Addison to sleep better at night. I told him she's been getting up about 3 times a night and that especially with work starting that it was getting really hard for me to keep up with her. This lead to a discussion on how I do go and pick up Addison sooner than I probably need to and that especially at night I could let her fuss a little longer before picking her up. Here's the quiz that followed:
Dr. Simmons: Whose the most important person in your life?
Me: Addison.
Dr. Simmons: No, whose the most important person in your life?
Me: Me?
Dr. Simmons: No, whose the most important person in your life?
Me: . . . I have no idea. . . .
Dr. Simmons: Your husband.
Dr. Simmons reminded me that I don't go running the minute that Steve starts "crying" for me, so I don't need to do that for Addison. It has definitely been harder since Addison has been born to pay attention to our relationship as husband and wife cause we're always thinking about our roles as mom and dad, so that was a good little reminder that I really needed considering how badly I failed that quiz!

No comments:

Post a Comment