Monday, August 2, 2010

Scorpion flashback!

I had a little surprise in my laundry basket this morning. I was folding laundry and I picked up a t-shirt only to unveil a scorpion that was at least two inches long (probably 3 inches if his tail was laying flat)!
I grabbed Addison and went to my room for a shoe. I put Addison behind me and started my attack! I was SOOO nervous! I missed him the first time and he started to run and try to hide in our other clothes. After about 20 hits and with Addison bawling behind him, the scorpion was no more.
This has definitely flashed me back to my childhood! When we first moved into our house on Santa Fe, it was a brand new house that had been sitting there for a year. It was chalk full of scorpions! For months, we would be walking around and see one of those creepy creatures running around! Thankfully and surprisngly, none of us got stung (that I remember).
The best story, though, is my dad. My dad wore his jeans two days in a row (pretty typical of him). In fact, the man could put on his pants and shoes in the morning without even getting out of bed. He went to work and began making calls. Suddenly, he felt something moving around in his pants! In the middle of his office, he took off his pants only to find a scorpion had had breakfast with him, driven to work with him, and had been making calls with him!
Here's hoping the bug killers that come next Monday will rid us of any of this scorpion's relatives, because they probably don't like me anymore. . . :)

No comments:

Post a Comment