Friday, December 9, 2011

Living at Grammy's House

Muffin doesn't usually let the little girls play with her, but yesterday Muffin decided she wanted to cuddle with Addison and let her pet her.

Currently, Addison and I are living at my parent's house waiting for our apartment to be available. Originally, Steve and I had planned to purchase a home in Ohio; however, it did not work out as we had intended. We had trouble finding anything we liked and after finding one home that we did like, we lost it during negotiations. I even flew up to Ohio to help Steve find something, but nothing seemed to be right for us.

I had been praying ever since we accepted this relocation offer to Ohio that Steve and I would find a beautiful home that would help us with this difficult transition. We are leaving our beloved Oklahoma where our roots are planted very deeply with having so much family close by and a close network of friends. During my visit with Steve, we both realized that God wanted us to not buy a home right now and to take an apartment that Steve had found. They are smaller than what we are used to, but they are brand new and it feels nice that we will be the first people to live in it.

I feel very sad that we won't be moving into a home and that we have to leave A LOT of our belongings in storage here in my parent's warehouse, but I really feel at peace about this move. I know that God really wants us in Ohio right now and I think our family will be experiencing a lot of growth. I even think that living in a fairly small two bedroom apartment will ultimately draw us closer together and will really be a rewarding experience for us. I hate change and have spend my entire life fighting against it, but I feel equally excited and nervous about this move. I am ready to embrace life in Ohio, so please Redwood apartments hurry and finish soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment