Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Accident

These pics are about 2 weeks after the accident when I was finally in the mood to take pics of it. They said this burn is either from the seatbelt or the air bag, but I think it was the seatbelt.
I think I banged my knee into the dashboard
My ankle is what hurt the most at first. I'm not sure how it got bruised all over, but I thought I had broken my ankle right after the accident. I was suppose to be on crutches for two weeks, but I only ended up needing them for about a week or so. I'm glad I got off the crutches much quicker because it's really hard taking care of a baby on crutches!
Here are some pics of my jeep that Steve took when he went to the salvage yard. The jeep was totaled, which really stinks because I really loved that car. Thankfully, my parents are letting us drive my dad's old jeep.



The airbag deployed when I hit the guard rail. The guard rail stopped the jeep after the accident.


So, a lot of you know that Addison and I were in a really bad car accident on Sunday, August 2. It was a really scary incident, but we really appreciate the concern that everyone has had for us. It was a four vehicle accident that probably should have caused a lot more injuries than it did. I feel that the Lord was watching out for everyone that day because injuries were very minor and Addison was perfectly fine with no injuries whatsoever. I did get injured a little bit, but am doing fine. I sprained my right ankle really bad, banged my left knee (just really badly bruised), and have some damage from the seat belt. I can see the seat belt line in bruise form on my waist and I've got a bad burn on my left shoulder/chest from the seat belt. We did ride in an ambulance that day- I was very unsure at the time what my injuries were because of being in horrible shock and just feeling pain everywhere I suspected that I was injured more than I ended up being. I almost fainted after the accident and that's when the people there decided to call the ambulance to come and get me, so I didn't really think about choosing whether or not to go in the ambulance. It was a really bad car wreck though, so I really didn't argue about it.
I really appreciate the help we've received after the crash. I'm thankful to all of our family that showed up at the hospital so quickly to be of any help they could. I'm thankful that everyone tried to contact Steve at church when I couldn't get hold of him (he had a meeting before church, so he was already there). (It's crazy how Steve finally found out what was going on- Ty and Jen were leaving to come to the hospital they told Tim and Catie on their way out to try and get a hold of Steve, so Tim and Catie text Tyler Prescott who went and got Steve and told him what had happened - thanks guys!) I'm thankful to those who have even just asked if they could be of any help. I really appreciate my mom for taking care of me on Monday and then taking Addison and I to the grocery store and to parenting class since I can't drive. I'm really thankful for Camilla Joern for bringing us dinner Monday night and then sitting with me all day on Tuesday since I've been on crutches and can't walk around and hold Addison.
So, thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and support. Addison is doing great, which makes me cry just thinking about it because I was so scared right after the accident on what had happened to her. I am getting much better and am just glad I wasn't more injured because looking at the wreck it could have been so much more worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment