Tuesday, August 25, 2009

4 month checkup

Addison had her 4 month checkup today. She weighs 12.8 lbs (25%), is 24 inches long (41%), and her head circumference is 15 1/2 inches (11%). She also had to get three shots today. She was a real trooper about it. She cried really hard for a minute or two and then was just fussy and cranky for awhile. Around 7:00 she was getting really tired and I think the soreness from the shots set in, so I went ahead and put her to bed a little earlier than usual. I'm just hoping she's not too sore from the shots tomorrow.
I, as usual, had a list of about 10 questions for Dr. Simmons. The surprising one was when I checked with him to make sure it was okay to put Addison in the exersaucer. I really thought he would be fine with it, but he told me to wait a month or two until she can sit up better on her own. He also said that he thinks the jumperoo's are a really cool idea, but he thinks they are too dangerous. He said that if any of the springs break or come loose that they could slingshot straight at your baby. So, even though Steve and I got the exersaucer last week and were pretty excited about putting her in it I think we will go ahead and wait another month or two like the doctor suggests.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe she's 4 months already! I can't wait for that. lol. Sorry I kept missing you I'm going to call you back soon! Promise

    ReplyDelete