Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lightbulb!

They say that around 3 months it is like a lightbulb goes off and suddenly your baby is more interactive and can do more things. I didn't think it would be a sudden as a lightbulb, but it really did happen like that.
One day I put her in her car seat and it was like she realized for the first time that there was a toy there to play with. Since then, she's been playing with it every time I put her in the car seat! Now, when I lay her down on her playmat with toys hanging above her, she is actually playing with them. She can pick up her rattle by herself and play. It's amazing. I can see on her face when she is trying to figure things out. It's an amazing time in her life and I'm so glad to be here to see it.
We've started a new bedtime routine with Addison. We've had trouble getting her to bed at a decent time, so we started a really regular bedtime routine to get Addison to bed sooner. I can't believe how quickly it changed what time we were getting to bed! Right now, we're getting her to bed by about 10 p.m. when before we were lucky to get her in bed by 11 and sometimes 12! My favorite part of it is that it's Steve and I spending real quality time with Addison. We go change her diaper and give her a massage with night time lotion. Then, we put on her pajamas and take her in the living room and read her a few stories together. Steve then reads the scriptures to our family while I hold Addison and rock her to sleep. Finally, we put our sleeping baby in the bassinet in our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment