Saturday, September 26, 2009

Makenna's first soccer game!

Last Saturday, Addison and I went to watch Makenna play her first soccer game. I wish I had thought to bring the camera! We had a great time, even though it was raining. Makenna scored the first goal for her team! Yeah, Kenna! By the end of the game, she had scored 3 goals- Amazing! We were really proud of her.
You have to love watching 3 year olds playing soccer. Makenna would be doing just fine, but then she would suddenly turn to her parents with tears in her eyes and would say, "I quit! I quit!" Later in the game she said, "I really quit!" It was SOOO cute. There were a couple of other children on her team that sat on the sidelines the whole time because they decided they didn't want to play. Parents would go out on the field with their children trying to help them play- encouraging them, pulling them, teasing them. . . anything to get them to play the game they had been practicing probably for weeks!
It really reminded me of when I was a kid and all of us in my family played soccer. I hope we get to see more of Makenna's soccer games in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment