Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rolling, rolling, rolling. . .

I've been so bad about updating lately! It has been hard adjusting to the hectic life of teaching and taken care of Addison. Right after school I find myself picking up Addison, cooking dinner, feeding Addison, playing with Addison, feeding Addison again, putting Addison to bed, pumping, and then going to bed- exhausted. I'm sure it sounds like I am complaining, but really I'm just really busy. The best part of the day is the time I spend with Addison. Even in the morning, I get her up at 6:30 to feed her. Originally, when school started, I thought that Addison would eat in the morning and then fall back to sleep. But, I find that mornings are some of my favorite times with Addison. She eats at 6:30 and then she sits in her bouncer while I pump. I talk to her and she smiles and laughs. Then, I pack everything I need for the day while holding her and talking to her. So, mornings have really become a special time for me and Addison together.
Addison has really started doing some new things. Two weeks ago, on Sunday (August 31st), Addison rolled over for the first time. The ONLY reason she rolled over is because we knew that any day she was going to roll over, so that morning I was talking to Addison and Steve and I said, "Well, I guess grammy is going to be the first one to see you roll over!" 10 minutes later, she rolls over!!! She rolled over one more time that day and hasn't stopped since!
The first time she rolled over from her stomache to her back, but she is rolling like crazy these days. She rolled herself 3 times in a row today to where she wasn't on her floor mat anymore! And when I put her to bed at night, she is never where I put her when I check on her later. Steve discovered that she now likes sleeping on her side, so that's often how we put her. So, basically there has been a lot of growing and developing going on for our little Addison. We sure love our little lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment