Friday, October 16, 2009

First Word!

"Ma-muh." After saying it 3 times, I was finally fully convinced that she did it. She said her first word! It happened last night right after dinner. We are visiting Addison's Great Grandpa and Grandma Powell (Steve's mom's mom and stepdad) in Oregon. We were all talking and Addison, of course, wanted to "talk" to. So, she starts blabbing away and we all stop to listen to her. We all started saying "Ma-muh" to her, trying to get her to say it. Then, we heard "Ma-muh." I looked at Steve, "I think she just said it." Steve said, "I'm not sure. . ." Then again, Addison goes "Ma-muh." At this point, I'm looking at everyone and saying, "Does this count? Is she really saying Mama?" A third time, Addison goes "Ma-muh." I looked at Steve and said, "Okay, does THAT count?" Steve smiled and said, "Yeah, that counts."
I have no idea when I will hear that precious word again or when the next word will follow, but it was a wonderfully unexpected moment when my baby Addison said, "Ma-muh." I couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment