Saturday, November 21, 2009

Much needed update!

Life has been crazy busy lately, but that hasn't stopped little Addison from developing some new skills. About a week ago she began saying "dada." I am very happy to say that she said "momma" first, but now that "dada" is on the scene, where has "momma" gone? So, Addison do me a favor and bring back "momma" cause she misses you.
Addison has been working on sittting up for a while now, and she really has become almost a pro in the last couple of weeks. I think she would have gotten the hang of it sooner, but the girl is an observor. If anything happens around her, BAM! She loses her concentration and starts to fall over (luckily, most falls aren't followed by a BAM!). She is now learning how to be fascinated by Gigi running by her or not to lose all concentration when a toy is placed in front of her.
Addison has also really discovered her voice this past week. Addison has always loved "talking," but this last week she has really been exploring the different tones and volume levels she can create with her voice. I don't even mind the tones that are basically screams; I scream back. I love that she is developing her voice and exploring what it can do. A side note, Addison has actually always been a little "talker," but what has been interesting is that she really would only do it around Steve and I. The minute other people would come around, she would become so fascinated with observing them that she stopped talking. People would always tell me that she was such a quiet baby, and I would always be thinking, "if only you could see her at home!" Now, she's pretty found of talking to just about anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment