Sunday, December 27, 2009

Pulling up!

We've had a wonderful Christmas break here in Oklahoma. We ended up staying home after hubby and I couldn't agree on whether to go to Arizona to be with my family or to go to Tennessee to see Steve's family, but it has been a great time with just the three of us. We've played with Addison, made cookies for Santa, read Christmas stories, sprinkled oats and spinkles on our lawn to help Santa find out house, and just enjoyed each other.
Today, was one of those moments of enjoyment. I set Addison down so I could do something really fast, and I turned around to find her pulling herself up on her canvas toy bucket! She basically had herself all the up before the canvas started shaking a little, making her unsteady enough that she fell back down, but it was a beautiful moment!
On a slightly bummed out night, yesterday was a first of its kind for me. Yesterday, I was holding Addison and trying to put her sock back on her foot for the fiftieth time. She fell off my lap, and even though I caught her in my arms, she did hit the ground. So, grabbing her buffered the fall somewhat, but that was the first time I dropped my baby. Sadly, Addison it will probably not be the last time you hit yourself on the floor as I'm sure you will fall many times and I may even cause a few more of your bumps and bruises (luckily this time she just cried, but no bumps or bruises!)

No comments:

Post a Comment