Wednesday, May 13, 2009

All about Addison


Steve is introducing sisters- Addison and Gigi. As you can tell, Gigi isn't that interested in being friends yet.

I can't believe how much color Addison has! She has lightened up some since she came home from the hospital, but I can't believe that my peaches and cream skin (and Steve's not that tan either) produced this baby! I also can't believe that her hair is that dark when I was a blondie!



Addison wrapped up in one of her many blankets. This blanket was crocheted for her by a friend at work.



Isn't she adorable? She has the most wonderful facial expressions. She smiles a lot in her sleep and you can see it in her eyes and on her face when she is thinking and trying to figure this world out.



At 1:52 p.m. on April 24, 2009 Addison Dodson became an official part of our family! She has been a major shocker from the beginning. The minute she was born we saw this thick black hair. Where did that come from? I had NO hair when I was born (I was a fuzzy headed baby until I was about two- even then it was blonde hair not black). But, they tell me Steve had some thick dark hair when he was born, so I guess that's where Addison gets it from. The second shocker was how dark her skin was. Everyone in my family has been calling her an Eskimo, and I've been asked if she has Indian in her. I was really surprised to see her have that much coloring. She has lightened some since the hopsital, but she has more color to her than I thought she would have considering I'm her mom.
Addison has a very strong, indepedent personality already. She and I really struggled with breastfeeding the first week of her life until I figured out exactly how she wanted it to happen. (I'm still trying to figure out how she wants to sleep at night cause that's not going as well as I woud hope).
Addison is a wonderful baby. She really doesn't cry that much and when she does it's pretty easy to get her to calm down (knock on wood). She has been smiling a lot in her sleep and is starting to smile when she's awake too. She loves to be held and will almost never cry as long as she is being held, so I'm trying to work on not spoiling her too much with holding her but it's hard not too.
Motherhood is a lot harder than I thought it would be, well I guess I'm trying to say it's more draining than I thought it would be, but it is wonderful having her in our family. I love giving her kisses and seeing her smile up at me makes me just melt.
She doesn't do that much right now, but I'm really enjoying all the small moments I have with her and seeing her grow everyday. She is a huge blessing in my life, and I am really happy to be a mommy!

1 comment:

  1. She actually does have Indian in her. Our Great, Great Grandmother, Roseanna Standing, on my Dad's side was full blood Cherokee. She married a Baptist missionary in Oklahoma :o)

    ReplyDelete