Thursday, May 28, 2009

Finally!

After a whole month of weigh-ins and worrying, Addison FINALLY weighs more than she did at birth! She weighed 7 lbs. 9 oz. and when I took her in to the doctor to get weighed yesterday she weighed in at 7 lbs. 15 oz.! Yeah! I've been working so hard with her to get her to gain more than 2 oz. a week and it was really frustrating us that we couldn't even get her to her birth weight. So, I'm pretty excited that I can worry less about the weight situation.
Addison and I have been struggling with breast feeding from the beginning, so I am sad to say that we've hit another roadblock. We had really started to get it going smoothly, but yesterday I called the doctor because of the major pain I was having. It turned out I have mastitis- a very common infection that happens when breast feeding. It's not really a big deal and it should be healed after about 5 days of antibiotics, but it is just another little roadblock that Addison and I are going to have to deal with. Overall, however, I am still very happy that we are breast feeding. I am SUPER happy to know that she is finally gaining weight and it all comes from breast feeding- no supplementing!

No comments:

Post a Comment