Saturday, January 9, 2010

Addison 1st: Ear infection, waving hello!

Last Friday night, Addison had a rough night. She woke up several times, and she felt really warm to me. Steve and I took her temperature and realized she had her first fever. So there we are on a Saturday morning trying to figure out what to do.
Luckily, her doctor was working at a well child clinic and was okay with us bringing Addison in. I had noticed that she had been pulling on her ear a little bit, had a lot of congestion, and a fever. He confirmed that she had an ear infection and a cold.
Within a couple of days, Addison was feeling much better. Her dad and I have worked together on trying to get her to swallow her medicine (I guess I was VERY stubborn as a baby with taking medication, so Addison is just following me lead), but we seem to be getting enough medicine in her system that she is feeling much better.
On a happier note, Addison (during this bout of illness) started waving hello. Her poppa was waving at her and saying hello to her, and she waved back! Ever since then, she has been waving to just about anyone that looks her way. I'm working on getting her to add a "hi" to that greeting. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment