Saturday, January 9, 2010

Addison's fixed eye!

Only about an hour after getting her eye probed. My eye is swollen and I still have an ear infection, but I'm still a happy girl!
That's my happy girl!
We had Addison's left eye "probed" this past Monday. She has had leaky, watery eyes since birth. Her left eye is much worse than the right. Steve and I met my mom at Dr. Johnston's eye clinic inside of Mercy Hospital. He looked at her eye (when the doctors put on the goggles and get really close to her, it really scares her), and said that they could unclog the duct there in the office since she is under the age of 1.
They had Steve and I wait in the lobby (we weren't allowed in the room, we asked), and they wrapped her up in a swaddling blanket and held her down. They gave her a shot to numb the area and then they went in to poke the clogged area and clear it out.
Her eye was swollen for only a day or so. These pics were taking right after we got home from the procedure, so you can see she was already happy again. The doctor said that this has about an 85% chance of fixing that eye permanently. I don't know if we will be doing the other eye. He said her other eye isn't near as clogged. The only dilemna is that if her other eye later has problems after she turns 1 it would be a much bigger procedure. She would have to be put to sleep, and it would also be a LOT more expensive. We'll let you know what we decide.


No comments:

Post a Comment