Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pass the Diaper

I thought she was ready! The books, articles, everything I read gave "signs" of readiness and Addison was showing those signs! Truthfully, I had wanted to wait longer to potty train. I jumped into this potty training nightmare thinking that if I didn't act now that potty training/sitting on the potty was going to turn into this big game.
Do I regret trying to potty train? No. It was a lesson learned. In many ways I feel like I failed, but the truth is that I approached potty training with 1. patience 2. a plan. Five days later, it was time to get out the diapers. Thanks mom, for giving me the push that I needed to make that step. It was a hard step and my back still hurts a little from the pushing, but it was needed. :)
What will I do different next time? I'm really not sure right now what I will change in my approach. Ultimately, I think Addison wasn't ready for this step. She would always tell me "potty", but only after she had already begun to pee/poo. I'm having some rethoughts about the reward system/needing stickers, but I do think that patience is a big part of potty training. For now, we will stick with the Pampers and will enjoy our summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment