Friday, June 24, 2011

Potty Training: 3 Day Charm?

Today's potty training was thrown off by so many variables that I have a hard time even counting today as potty training! I wanted to have 3 full days to fully focus on potty training as suggested in the E book I read 3 Day Potty Training. Today; however, was full of chaos and just weirdness. For starters, Addison did not want to drink very much today which affected how much she even needed to go potty, so we really didn't have that many opportunities to practice going potty. Secondly, I didn't do as good of a job of keeping the proximity that is needed for Addison right now. Thirdly, I found out today that the baking cups that I needed TODAY that should have been here LAST WEEK were NEVER shipped! I couldn't believe it! This lead to me leaving the house with Addison to take baking cups to my sis-in-law who is making the declicious, gorgeous cupcakes. I decided not to put Addison in a pull-up for the trip, but I did have her go potty before we left and tried to get her to go at Melissa's house when we got there. Again, Addison barely drank today so I wasn't as nervous as I may have been in different circumstances.
For bed, I ended up putting a pull-up on Addison. For starters, Addison was very thirsty when we got home (30 minutes before her bedtime) and I wanted her to drink since she hadn't all day and we had gone out in the 102* weather (air conditioned car, but still!). I don't even really want to make ANY decisions right now about potty training because it has been such a stressful, messed up day to begin with. I'm glad that I had mentally allocated Saturday to be another practice potty day if needed. I think that Addison and I will take a trip to Grammy's house to take a dip in the pool, but otherwise it will be another low-key day working on keeping those panties dry. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment