Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cozumel Trip!

Steve and I had an AWESOME time in Cozumel! We spent most of the trip scuba diving, but we do a few pictures to show our time out of the water. Try not to judge the outfit/look here. . .I was SO exhausted after scuba diving all day! Fashion was the last thing on my mind. . .


My little sister Kimber and I. It was nice being able to spend time with her and her husband Kyle.






We went to a different hotel than we have been to in past years. This hotel was "Iberostar". It was further from town, but closer to the best diving spots! On the other side of the wall was where Kimber and Kyle stayed. We had fun scuba diving, playing cards, and goofing around. Kimber made me go over there one night after she got scared! :)



The iguanas are sunbathing!



Everyone from the trip: Jim (Kyle's dad), Kyle, Kimber, my mom and dad (AKA Brad/Jan) and Steve and I. We told the group of taxi drivers that whoever told our picture would get to drive us to our hotel! :)



At the back of a tourist shop, we found this little bar with saddles as the barstools! We couldn't resist hopping on!



Kimber and dad chilling out before dinner



We saw lots of animals at our hotel. We saw a parrot that lives there, these flamingos, iguanas, cats, birds, peacocks, and lots of little lizards! It really added to the atmosphere!





I loved that the hotel rooms were little huts with two rooms on each side of the hut. I did get lost a few times though!



2 iguanas climbing in the bushes! We also saw iguanas climbing trees and birds stealing food right off the buffet table!



Highlights/Trip Memories:


1. Seeing the biggest turtles and the most sharks I've ever seen while diving


2. Letting Steve and Kimber share air off of me during the same dive! (I'm really earning my nickname "The Fish")


3. While letting Kimber bum air off my tank, going through a skinny tunnel and having to let myself scrape the entire time because I know Kimber would freak out if she touched the coral!


4. Seeing a cat in the bushes and thinking it was an iguana


5. Playing cards with Kimber and Kyle - Scum anyone?


6. Getting to know Kyle (my sister's husband) better


7. Realizing that all our of group are TERRIBLE frisbee throwers!


8. Coming back from Cozumel only to realize I had no tan/sunburn. . . whoops!


9. Enjoying our first trip without Addison- realizing that I can actually be away with her and not die. . . I wasn't sure ;)


10. Spending time with my family and remembering how much I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment